A love for youth and the development of their full potential was the primary motivating factor that inspired Founder Mary Lou Allison Gardner Little to organize Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. Young people today face challenges that could never have been imagined years ago, but such challenges provide the sorority with opportunites to carry on the vision of Little.
Rhoers are young girls organized on a local, regional and national level. The Rhoer affiliates are working to help other young people while they learn about their heritage and develop leadership skills. Sigma Gamma Rho is dedicated to helping Rhoers to grow to be women of substance dedicated to service.
· You must present at least one recommendation from a school counselor, teacher, church officer, or a member of Sigma Gamma Rho.
· You must show evidence of academic achievement. GPA of 2.5 or higher.
· You must exhibit high standards of character and conduct.
· You must be willing to participate in Rhoer sponsored activities and events.
What can the Rhoer Affiliates provide?
Being apart of the Rhoer Affiliates can provide a positive experience for young women in leadership development, academic counseling, personal counseling, mentoring, community service and rites of passage. The sorority is committed and dedicated to helping each Rhoer grow.
· College tours
· Bonding activities
· Community service
· Health and academic events
· Regional and national conferences
· Participation in area chapter’s (undergraduate and graduate) activities
· College or vocational preparations
If you are interested in finding a Rhoer Club in your area, complete the membership interest form online here.